How to create a diagram with note names (chromatic scale)

I am looking to do something like this with one main difference
    https://www.neckdiagrams.com/feature...-on-the-guitar

I would like to create two diagrams, one with sharp accidentals and one with flat accidentals.

I have a lesson next Thursday. Help would be appreciated.

Hi scalawag,

Here's how you can do that, first for the sharp notes:
    • create a horizontal fretboard (by default shows frets 1-12)
    • in the Inspector, in the Note Markers sections set the Labels option to Notes
    • create notes on each string across the first fret
    • use the Select All Notes function (Edit menu, right click or SHIFT+CTRL+A keyboard shortcut)
    • hold down the ALT key and drag the notes to next fret, to create clones - you now have 12 notes
    • do Select All Notes again
    • again hold down the ALT key then click & drag the notes over to the next frets - you now have 24 notes across 4 frets
    • repeat until you've got all the notes you need
    • you'll probably find all notes are # apart from Bb - select one of them and in the Inspector set the Note to A# to change it's enharmonic, then click "Apply to fretboard" just below so all Bb show as A#
    • in the Key option, change the key signature to "Cb major/Ab minor" and all sharp notes will become flat!
    • in the Key option, change the key signature to "Cb major/Ab minor" and all sharp notes will become flat!

And to create another with the flat notes..
    • copy/paste the fretboard (or use the ALT+click/drag trick used above for the notes!)
    • with the fretboard selected, in the Inspector select the last tab "..." (for Other options)
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information