Hybrid View

Text editor and forgotten chords insertion

Hi. I wrote seven pages of chords. I created a grid of 6 X 4. I noticed that it is difficult to write the various texts (tiltle, footer, freet number etc.) of the box by selecting them from the box itself (with the danger of accidentally moving it). I thought it would be better, after selecting the box, to have a section to edit the texts in the inspector. Also, is there any way to insert an empty row in the grid to add a mistakenly forgotten chord? Thank you very much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi giordano58,

Sorry for the slow reply, just spotted your post was unanswered!

I thought it would be better, after selecting the box, to have a section to edit the texts in the inspector.
    I'm really not keen on that idea - it's duplicating the whole text editing capability.. I think perhaps alternative ideas would be keyboard shortcuts for 'edit title' and 'edit footer', or an 'edit' icon (requiring a single click) that appears when the mouse is moved over the title or footer area..

with the danger of accidentally moving it
    I'm curious how this is occurring for you, as I don't suffer from this! What OS are you running on? Are you using a mouse or a laptop trackpad?

Are you selecting the fretboard and then double-clicking the relevant text part? You don't need to select first - just move the mouse over the text and double-click..

If you can tell me more about how this accidental move happens for you then maybe we can prevent that also!

is there any way to insert an empty row in the grid to add a mistakenly forgotten chord?
    I'm afraid not - it's not Excel You'd need to select the rows you want to move and drag them down. Or if you want to be more scientific, the Inspector shows the size of any object (on the last "..." tab) so you could select all fretboards in a row and increase the Y position by the height of the fretboards..

Maybe there's a way we can make this easier - like a right-click on the page option "Add more vertical/horizontal space". It could at least prompt for how much space to add, and whether to shift things up, down or both evenly.. I'll raise a dev ticket for this idea as I think there's some mileage in this one!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information