Don't want root color to be red - How to change?

I am using software version 1.12.0. I want to set up diagrams of intervals and I am going to use different colors eventually. I cannot seem to over-ride the default color of the "root" which is always red while all other notes are black with their interval names.

I have tried changing the color in preferences where there seems to be a setting for root color. I will not work for me. Trying to change the color of the individual note will not work for me either in the inspector.

Can you help me change the root note color?

I am running windows 10.

Thanks so much

Hi Photonic,

ND2 actually has a feature for defining an "interval colour map" which sounds like what you're wanting to do!

I have tried changing the color in preferences where there seems to be a setting for root color. I will not work for me.
    Preferences are used when creating new objects - so this would only get picked up for a new fretboard.

The Board tab on the fretboard settings in the Inspector, has a Notes group towards the bottom - this has the "Root note highlight" setting that you set in Preferences, so you can set it directly for the fretboard.

Trying to change the color of the individual note will not work for me either in the inspector.
    I've not fired up ND1 for quite some time, but just tried this and it worked fine for me.. If you post your .fbd file I can take a look-see.. Ah, if it's an open string note then in ND1 you'd need to check the fretboard setting "Draw notes/intervals on open strings" to have the open string note show the chosen colour..
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thanks so much Justin. I did figure out a solution. I just went into preferences for the current diagram and turned off the check box for highlight root note and all the color went away. Yay!

Thanks for your help.

Yes, that'll work too!!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information