The standard 5-string banjo tuning is open G - The notes from the 5th string to the 1st are G4, D3, G3, B3, D4. Two and a half years ago, I emailed ND support, because I noticed that the 5-string banjo "open G” tuning in Neck Diagrams was incorrect; it had had D4 for the 5th string, instead of G4.

The response I received from Neck Diagrams in April 2018, indicated that this would be corrected...

On Apr 5, 2018, at 4:24 PM, support@neckdiagrams.com wrote:

"Going forward we can enhance, introduce and support many new things
In fact, Moveable fretboard markers, Banjo G string to the 5th fret, markers over the Fretwire for slide/lap steel players to name a few."

It is now Jan 20, 2021, and after multiple updates, including the latest version 2.2, which I downloaded today, the standard 5-string banjo tuning still has not been fixed. The 5th string is still incorrectly tuned to D4 instead of G4. As a 5-string banjo player, I find it odd that so many irregular, modal, and infrequently-used 5-string banjo tunings are available in the program, yet the standard one still doesn’t exist. How many more years will it take to correct this? Am I the only one who noticed this?