Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Cool ND Rocks!

Hey everyone, I'm Dan, and I run a site called Purple Tiger Guitar, named after my beloved ESP. I've played many styles over the years in a number of bands, but these days I prefer to concentrate on rock/metal/shred playing. I've been using Neck Diagrams for about a year, use it extensively on my site, and enjoy it a great deal!

Welcome Dan,
    Nice to have to you over here! Is the ESP purple tiger the George Lynch model? Used to lust over one of those back in the day I actually had a cheapo orange tiger Aria Pro II which I'm ashamed to say I stripped of its paint job in the early 90's when shred went out of fashion
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Hello! Excellent software and nice to be here, cool forum.

Cheers,

Jepi.

Hi Jepi

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the kind words.

Regards
    Dean

Hi all,

I'm Mark from Ireland.

Hi Mark

Welcome to the ND forum.

Who's you favourite axeman then? Edge, Moore, Gallagher or none of the above?

Dean

Hi Dean,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I certainly like all those guitarists you have mentioned. My current favourite guitarist though is Greg Howe and his new Carvin signature guitar looks great. I think it will be my next major purchase. I have just recently transcribed his version of 'Sunny' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edVbz_uXJd0
    I currently play an American Deluxe Fender Strat, white sparkle with brown pickguard. It's a gorgeous guitar, I purchased it in 2009.

Another amazing Irish guitar virtuoso you may like to check out (if you like Jazz) is Louis Stewart. He's self taught and absolutely incredible.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNo-lX4K9EQ
    If you like modern acoustic virtuosos such as Andy McKee then you should check out one of the fore runners of that style Irish Virtuoso Eric Roche (RIP). Check out this video where he explains the evolution of his percussive techniques https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdcQyOEnHv8

Which guitarist(s) do you like?

Enjoy,
    Mark

Hi Mark

Electric wise - I guess I'm a bit of mainstream fanboy, all the obvious greats of past and present. Probably because I gig quite a lot in covers bands and I'm always teaching those styles / songs.

Acoustic wise - I like Andy McKee and bought a few of his scores a couple years back. But I only got halfway through nailing Drifting before my daughter came along a practice time reduced dramatically, lol. Would love to get Rylynn and his version of Everybody Wants to Rule the World down.

One guy I REALLY like at the minute is Luca Stricagnoli. Check out his song The Future www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMQVyGOZylg

Cheers
    Dean

Hey Dean,

That video of Luca is really great. Is that a style of playing you would like to try? Time permitting!

Mark

Hi Everyone -
    Russ from North Carolina in the US here - this program is something I've been looking for for years. Great to have found it! Looking forward to sharing guitar.

Thread Information