Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Hi John and welcome to the ND Forums.

Wow! Opened in 2003 and still going strong, great stuff.

I hope ND is saving you time spent on lesson preparation and providing some precious extra minutes/hours that's needed to run a business. For us teachers, work doesnt stop when the lesson ends.

All the best
    Dean & The ND Team

Hi, my name is Mario. Live in New York and looking forward to learn tips and tricks here.

Hi Mario - Welcome to the ND forum. New York, New York - I'd love to go one day.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Regards
    Dean & The ND Team

Hi, everyone! Been using ND for quite some time now (thought I had introduced myself when I first got it, but apparently not, LOL), and I absolutely love it. I remember having to use MS-Powerpoint or MS-Word to try to create chord diagrams, and it was just so tedious. When I heard about ND, I immediately downloaded the demo, and seeing what the software does, and how it would make my life a LOT easier, I decided to buy it. This software just makes creating chord diagrams so easy! I just upgraded to ND2, and it will take me a little bit of time (not much, though) to get accustomed to it. Great new features and interface! Looking forward to be a participant in the forums here!

Hi,
    I am William from France.(so my english is not the best)

I play drum & percs,Bass,guitar & piano.
    Piano:7 to 14 years old (classical)
    Guitar then
    Bass since 10 years
    Finally had played in a reggae group for 4 years to keyboards (synthé)

My influences are all the Music.
    I started the guitar with métallica and then many rock standards then a lot of funk & blues i was a big fan of Satch & Vai.
    Now i am in Gypsy jazz and so i plan to do a méthod with ND
    Also i 'll start soon a funk band with the guitar (with the ancient reggae players i used to play ^^)

About ND and alternatives:
    I have tried since win xp all the alternative to ND because i am geek for this kind of software

Have tried the ND v1 démo long time ago but i didn't liked it.
    So i have bought virtual fretboard: not bad but not color coded and i love the color coded diagrams.

Then i found this one: guitar tools from roll on buddy.

Good! but not so complete as ND for sure!

So with all this years making some diagrams,copy paste them and spend a lot of time i have tried to make a pdf.
    But i have seen ND v2 coming so i have tried the démo (missed the launch discount )
    And i spent one weeks to do all sort of stuff with a big smile on my face.
    It's been long time since i have enjoyed so much a software!

I use MAC & win so it's perfect for me i have seen guitar layers for mac only and it seems good but ND is more complete.

By the way i make some good stuff with the démo limitations i 'll share them so demo user can try them (cause i think it's very good to open ND project from web.) if you put them on the ND ressource page.
    Last edited by willy; 06-07-2019 at 01:38 PM.

G'day all, Will here an expat Aussie in Singapore for the moment.

I'm getting back into guitar, focusing on blues and a disciplined approach to practice and technique. This is after a break from really trying to improve as a "stalled" intermediate player for many years.

I found this tool as I started to reconstruct my scales, chord shapes and other theory stuff from the ground up on grid paper, instead of just relying on pre-existing charts and diagrams.

My fresh approach to learning is to tackle all my shapes and learning by applying theory as I learn it from first principles.

Love the software and have many questions already about how to use it properly, which I hope to find answers to here already or will post for discussion.

This approach of building my knowledge up from the basics, by applying the theory to the neck and drawing it myself, has already paid off in many ways so I am super keen to capitalise on this awesome tool!

Cheers,
    Will

My name is Kai. I'm a flamenco player and I teach a lot, plus I have a website called Flamenco Explained, so I need to get better at making materials for all of my students. I'm ok at getting around the basics of Neck Diagrams, but definitely deficient on the whole layout side of things. Look forward to learning from you guys!
    Cheers,
    Kai

Hey there I am a musician and instructor from northeastern PA

Hey guys! Ben here from Seattle. Thanks for having me.

Welcome everyone! Hope you're all staying safe too
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information