Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Phillip and I live in California. I currently teach guitar. I purchased this software to scale and chord charts.

Hi Dan please do, I would welcome your impressions and feedback.

The whole floo, flee, flive flix, flev and shore idea came about when I was looking for a way to help unite my ear, mind and fingers. At first I tried the Do Re Mi technique but it did not show the function of the note relative to tonic and they did not sound like their function.

Ascending
    Do Di Re Ri Mi Fa Fi Sol Si La Li Ti Do

Descending
    Do Ti Te La Le Sol Se Fa Mi Me Re Ra Do

Anyway, while trying to say flat-three real quick flee came out instead. The whole functional sound system came about very quickly after that.

You can learn more about them on my site under functional sounds.

Robert
    www.for-guitar-players-only.com

Quote Originally Posted by pmdelao View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Phillip and I live in California. I currently teach guitar. I purchased this software to scale and chord charts.
    Hi Phillip

Welcome to the ND forum.

I think we've got quite a fe users from California now. Maybe one year the ND team can head over that way for Winter NAMM

Regards
    Dean

Hi Everyone, I'm Robert a guitar player like you. I use ND to teach functional sounds for guitar players. You can check it out here.
    http://www.fretboardfreedomforguitar.com

Functional sounds help you hear what you play and likewise, play what you hear.

Hi Robert - welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing the link, I'll be sure to take a look into functional sounds.

Dean

Thanks Dean,

Taking the advice from my teacher to sing what you play while playing lead or fills. So I used to just sing la la la or something but got the idea that it would give me more detailed information about the notes I'm singing. To help me, I came up with the functional sounds set for the chromatic scale and used them to create functional sound scale-arpeggio patterns. The are no relative relationships used on parallel (thinking chord to chord and playing off the matching chord-tone arpeggios) Anyway, enough said. Robert

My name is John, and I'm a private instructor who uses Neck Diagrams on a daily basis. While I'm not new to the forums here, I figured I should at least join in the introduction sticky!

I've spent an absurd number of hours using this awesome software, and have even landed some paid work helping folks chart out chords and scales.

A big thank you to the ND team, rock on!

Hi I'm Austin from Deer Park (Houston) TX!
    I own and teach at LessonsWithAustin.com - always making cool diagrams with ND! Thanks

hello my name is Salvo, I'm trying to learn guitar.
    just buy neck diagram hoping will be helpful to improve learnig saving time

Guitar Teacher Sydney Australia

Hi Everyone, I'm John I own and operate Thornleigh Guitar Academy in Sydney, Australia been open since 2003

Thread Information