Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Colin

I see you've sent the file in via the support channel, so I'll respond via the support ticket instead of the forum.

Thanks
    Dean

Well. I have good news to report. I have been experimenting with Neck Diagrams under different versions of wine using PlayOnLinux. I discovered that Neck Diagrams appears to run perfectly under wine vs 1.7.4. There are strange display problems using version wine 1.7.55 and greater. Wine versions older than 1.7.4 have the workspace error message. Stick 1.7.4 and everything seems great.

Colin

I do not get it to work
    Last edited by Dean; 06-08-2016 at 08:01 AM. Reason: ad link removed

Quote Originally Posted by oranline View Post
    I do not get it to work
    Hi Oranline - We'll need a little more info than that I'm afraid. Are you saying you can't get ND to run on the suggest Linux build mentioned in the thread?

Whilst we do try to assist Linux users, ND isn't officially supported on this platform and users running ND on Linux have configured this of there own accord.

Regards
    Dean

Folks
    I had reason to try and run the 1.9 latest app over Wine (both 1.6 and the latest 1.8 tried) on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with 4.8.10 kernel.
    The app installs ok after making sure there is a java dir but crashes under run with an apparent error in swing area (SWT).. for your interest I enclose the crash head. if you want more happy to replicate - it would be great if it worked over Wine - but understand you do not support it at all.. this email is really for your info. If you have something you would like me to try please contact me..

kind regards
    Steve

================================================== ======
    ================== STACK TRACE: ==================
    org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Graphic is disposed
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4533)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4448)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4419)
    at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.GC.setBackground(GC.java: 4390)
    at org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.grid.Grid.onPaint(Grid. java:5211)
    at org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.grid.Grid.access$2(Grid .java:5202)
    at org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.grid.Grid$4.paintContro l(Grid.java:6453)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent( TypedListener.java:231)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Event Table.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display. java:4410)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va:1079)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va:1103)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va:1088)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.WM_PAINT(Composi te.java:1590)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control .java:4848)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.j ava:359)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display .java:5115)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW (Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage( OS.java:2552)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Di splay.java:3814)
    at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWi ndows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$33.runWithExcept ion(Workbench.java:1595)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRu nnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableL ock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessa ges(Synchronizer.java:182)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(D isplay.java:4203)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Di splay.java:3819)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench. java:2604)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workben ch.java:2494)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench. java:674)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runW ithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWork bench(Workbench.java:667)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(Pl atformUI.java:149)
    at a.a.p.l.start(l.java:34)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle. run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseA ppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java: 110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseA ppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.ru n(EclipseStarter.java:353)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.ru n(EclipseStarter.java:180)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework( Main.java:629)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.ja va:584)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:14 38)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Steve

Thanks for going out of your way to provide this.

ND 1.9 is pretty ancient now, you can download the latest version (1.11.3) from the link below.

http://www.neckdiagrams.com/download

If you still encounter the error and wish to send it in, can I ask you to use the 'submit' button at the bottom of the dialogue please. I'm not sure how much you copied and pasted here but we could do with the entire log. I'm wondering if forum posts have a set amount of characters, much like our Helpdesk, and has therefore disregarded beyond the limit.

Using the submit button sends the full directly to a dedicated mailbox.

Thanks again
    Dean

upload wine crash on run

Actually it is 1.11.3 not 1.9

I have added the complete log.. i hope you get this.. let me know either way.

tried to submit but some some reason would not attach/upload..

cheers
    Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks, Steve!

Attchment should be fine. Odd about submitting via the error dialogue.

We appear to be receiving things submitted by other users. We've obviously never tested in Linux. Host file config maybe, if there is such a thing in Linux/Wine.

Thanks
    Dean

I'm running the latest 1.11.3 Neck Diagrams under Linux Mint 18.3, and just updated Wine to the latest version 3.10.

Still having the notes with rough edges that export that way in graphic format. The fretboard notes will export smooth in pdf format, but if I have placed text on the worksheet, not everything is captured by pdf export. Some text is always cut off, no matter where I put it.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Hi there

Linux isn't a supported platform, but with regards to the truncated text, you can try adding a few blank spaces (spacebars) at the end of the text to see if that changes things.

Blurry text/note markers on exported images are usually discovered when trying to increase the size of the rasta image. You could try increasing the size of the original diagram in ND, then export to see if you get better results. I'm sure you've come across other posts on the forum about some enhancements we're making for ND2.

Hope this helps and maybe one of the other Linux users will chime in, there's only a handful that I know of though.

Thanks

Thread Information