Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tutorials

Tutorials

Hello everyone,

My name is Stephen (alias musicman) and I will be posting some tutorials very soon. I agreed to help Justin and will do my best to help. I feel confident in saying that neckdiagrams is a fantastic tool for teachers and music students alike. In that last week I have been finding "gems of information" that might not be apparent up front.

What I like most about ND is that I can customize the software to meet my needs. There really is much more than what is on the surface. I am in the process of using FD to create a few original methods I have developed. The crystal clear diagrams and the ability to add text and pictures makes this software a great candidate for creating lessons.

I look forward to helping, sharing and learning together using this fantastic software tool Video tutorials will be coming very soon.

Stephen
    "musicman"
    Last edited by musikman; 06-13-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Hi Stephen,

I'm very interested in what gems you've found I'm always intrigued, impressed and delighted when folks think up a way to do something with Neck Diagrams that I hadn't thought of, or some use I hadn't envisaged Looking forward to reading all your posts!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

I have been having problems with my recording software and have notified Justin. I will get a video up as soon as I get this problem resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks Stephen, i will really be benefited for your assistance which you are trying to do. neckdiagrams tool is very necessary for me as musician . i appreciate you for all the time.

Please note that I am still having some issues with rendering so I had to cut out some of the call outs for this video. I was able to get this short video out until I get this rendering issue resolved. This video will go over some ways you can customize the way the notes look on the fret baord.I hope you find this video helpful. Please reply with any comments and or suggestions.

Customizing notes using Neck Diagrams
    Last edited by musikman; 06-13-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Nice vid Stephen! I'm sure it'll be helpful for those starting out with ND!

Here it is embedded so folks don't have to leave the forum [YouTube credits views from embedded videos, so don't worry about the count!]

I'll post this to Facebook. Any idea how do I also link/include it into my YouTube channel/feed?
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thanks Justin. I am not sure how to link this to your feed. If there is anything in specific that you would like to see as a tutorial, please let me know.

Here is another short video showing how to alter the sizes of the fretboard diagrams. Hope this helps.

Neat stuff Steve! I've just 'favourite'd these on YT so they'll appear in the ND channel activity list. Will also post to FB! One neat thing you could've shown related to the topic, is clicking the tool and then dragging on the page to immediately define the fretboard size, rather than single click to drop the default sized fretboard!

Actually you're kinda inspiring me to do some little vids myself.. but I'll have to hold back the eagerness until I finally get 1.9 out! Don't want to be accused of having too much fun whilst everyone's waiting for the release lol
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Neat stuff Steve! I've just 'favourite'd these on YT so they'll appear in the ND channel activity list. Will also post to FB!
    Sounds good to me.

One neat thing you could've shown related to the topic, is clicking the tool and then dragging on the page to immediately define the fretboard size, rather than single click to drop the default sized fretboard!
    That is a much easier way that I missed.

Actually you're kinda inspiring me to do some little vids myself.. but I'll have to hold back the eagerness until I finally get 1.9 out! Don't want to be accused of having too much fun whilst everyone's waiting for the release lol
    Let me know what you would like for the next video and I'll put something together and have you review the file before uploading. Maybe something on the new version?

Thread Information