Cool C-A-G-E-D diagram is wrong

Hey y'all,

Newbie Bill here from California. I feel very comfortable with the CAGED system and noticed your diagrams are mis labelled. You have labelled the C shape as the A shape, the A as the G, the G as E, the E as the D and the D as the C.

Bill

Hi Bill,

It's most likely you've learned the system from a major viewpoint. I'm guessing your confusion comes from looking at minor scales; you should relate them to the underlying minor chord, which is probably why you're seeing a shift. Curiously there was a similar comment on one of the YouTube vids recently where I've explained in more detail! Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=_33TR3MqaUo

Hope that helps!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Members,

If you have come across, in which you believe is, an error it would help to take screen shots of what you may be referring to. The quoted explanation doesn't state what scale was being used, tone, or if you were using a custom interval.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgiles View Post
    I feel very comfortable with the CAGED system and noticed your diagrams are mis labelled. You have labelled the C shape as the A shape, the A as the G, the G as E, the E as the D and the D as the C.
    As Justin explained
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I'm guessing your confusion comes from looking at minor scales; you should relate them to the underlying minor chord, which is probably why you're seeing a shift.

But if this isn't the case, as I stated, screen shots will help further explain and address the developers better of what you may of achieved differently.

ShredDead
    Last edited by ShredDead; 12-21-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Hi all

This is old thread now but yes, any thing like screenshots, the FBD file or error logs will usually help us understand and identify issues more quickly.

For those users unsure how to create or send these to us ask and we'll assist

Don't forget we several places for you guys to ask questions and / or get help.

The forum - www.neckdiagrams.com/forums

The contact form - www.neckdiagrams.com/help/contact-us

and my favourite the personal one to one support from the ND Support Team - support.neckdiagrams.com

Aren't we good

Regards
    Dean
    Last edited by Dean; 11-03-2014 at 10:09 AM.

CAGED diagram is wrong

I have seen at least 3 different interpretations of the CAGED system but I agree with ND because of the shapes within the major pentatonic scales.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information