Property Inspector

When I fire up the Property Inspector a small white box appears and disappears in the gray area on the Diagram Page. When I bring it down two small white boxes appear briefly. Not sure if this is an Apple/Windows thing, but the window itself should not be resizeable. For a Windows app it should really have a title and OK, Apply, Cancel buttons at the bottom of the dialog.

Can I create a mute/open marker size the same size as the markers on the fret board?

For the interval setting, it would be nice to have a US/European etc. option.

A welcome addition would be MIDI note number as well as the pitch class/octave notation (C4, C5, etc.)

If you have "Draw notes/intervals on open strings" checked the "Mute/open marker size" has no effect--it should switch to Regular as Small does not seem to be supported. I think "Regular" should be the same size as the markers on the fret board. Maybe Regular, Medium, Small should be the choices.
    Last edited by Erik in NJ; 10-13-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Those disappearing white boxes do not appear if I fire up Inspector with a note selected on the fretboard. Having a different inspector come up is a bit counter intuitive and confused me at first. It should simply be an additional tab on the fretboard inspector. The little pic of the note at the top is a bit odd and again there's no title etc. Even though I have a note selected, I should still be able to change the fretboard properties etc. then the extra "Apply to fretboard" check boxes would not really be needed. It seems there's a page inspector too--again just have one inspector and add another tab for page to keep things simple.

For the interval setting, it would be nice to have a US/European etc. option.
    This is in the Preferences, under the Interval Names section!

Can I create a mute/open marker size the same size as the markers on the fret board?
    If you have "Draw notes/intervals on open strings" checked the "Mute/open marker size" has no effect
    Re size, not yet - both of these will be addressed in a future release.

When I fire up the Property Inspector a small white box appears and disappears in the gray area on the Diagram Page. When I bring it down two small white boxes appear briefly.
    Not sure what you mean here, haven't seen this myself. Could be a graphics artefact perhaps. What kind of machine are you running on, perhaps not very strong graphics perfromance?

Not sure if this is an Apple/Windows thing, but the window itself should not be resizeable.
    It used to be non-resizable in fact. However it turns out people customize their Windows installs to change the size of fonts etc (e.g. using products like Windows Blinds) so with a fixed size window not everything fits anymore... Hence need to allow users to resize if they wish.

A welcome addition would be MIDI note number as well as the pitch class/octave notation (C4, C5, etc.)
    Well I'm not really sure how many people would use that but I'll raise a ticket for it!!!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Having a different inspector come up is a bit counter intuitive and confused me at first. It should simply be an additional tab on the fretboard inspector.
    It's actually context-sensitive. This is actually good UI design, making features available as needed! If everything was visible all at once then that'd definitely overload people I think. There's already LOTS of options in some situations (e.g. fretboard) already, without making things worse

.. then the extra "Apply to fretboard" check boxes would not really be needed
    Those are the enharmonics (note/interval) you must be referring to? Sounds like you've misunderstood this. The "Apply to fretboard" here means to apply the enharmonic across the whole fretboard so e.g. when there's other F#'s you don't have to set them all individually to Gb!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information