Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi.
    My name is Kristen, and I just purchased Neck Diagrams. I'm also a guitar instructor. I create diagrams on my desktop at home, then I take my laptop to lessons, where I print it out. I was wondering if there was an easy way to "sync" my account to my laptop, so I can have my diagrams imported, instead of Alt Drag to desktop, then email.
    Great software!
    Thank you!

Hi Kristen

Congrats on purchasing ND and welcome to the forum.

Whilst there is no easy way to currently 'sync' across devices, we have received a lot of requests for this feature so have a ticket logged with our devs to look into this for a future version. No ETA at the minute I'm afraid and no details on what sync method we'll implement.

In the meantime I guess the quickest option is to use a cloud solution like Dropbox, Google Drive, Sky Drive etc to store and import to each device. I just get my Dropbox folder up alongside ND and CTRL drag (ALT drag for Mac) to copy fdb files or complete project folders. I can then easily access them via Dropbox and drag them into the Diagram Gallery on either my laptop or PC when needed.

Hope that helps as a work around for now.

Regards
    Dean

BTW Kristen, this short 30 sec vid shows how to get a ".fbd" file for a page, as Dean described:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7CethmxGvU

And once copied/synced to another computer either just double click the file and ND will prompt you to import it (and you select which project/folder) it should go into, or just drag it to the place you want in the Diagram Gallery.
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by kkristen1 View Post
    .. instead of Alt Drag to desktop, then email.
    D'Oh! If only I'd read the whole post first!
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information