Thread: Copy Dots?

Copy Dots?

Thanks for a great product. After using the trial heavily for a few days. I purchased the pro version.

There are a few things, though, that would make it even better. I hope you don't mind, I'll post each feature in its own thread so it's easier for searching in the future.

This suggestion is to be able to copy a note or even multiple-selection of notes. If I have customized color, outline, or other features, it would be great if I could copy that note to create a new note instead of having to manually apply all the same customizations to each new note.

Thanks,

Dale

Hi Dale

You can do this already, albeit, only to the same fretboard. You can't copy notes across fretboards in the current version but I understand this option will be added in ND v2.

Just hold down the CTRL key when moving the note.

We also plan to add a feature where users can globally set note marker attributes per note / interval. So for example, all Major 3rds could automatically be drawn as Yellow Triangle's, whilst b5's are drawn as blue diamonds.

Quite a way off yet though, we've already got loads going on for the next big release.

Thanks
    Dean

Thanks, Dean. That helps. It would be nice (easier) if you could right-click and copy, and then right-click on any string/fret location and paste to create a note with the same settings and repeat the paste over and over again. The new features sound fantastic, too.

BTW, ALT-click-drag is a clone operation and works on any object, so not just notes but whole fretboards, text boxes, images...
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information