Diagram numbers go out of sequence when 10 is reached.

Greetings : Great program.
    When numbering diagrams, numbers should read as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, but they show up as
    1,10,11,12,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, so for now I am using 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,91,92,93. Any other ideas?

Thank You
    Paul

Hi Paul

Thank you for reporting this. I've raised a support ticket to get this fixed in future update.

For those wondering - Paul is referring to using numbers when naming FBD files. Seems they're not being ordered sequentially in the Diagram Gallery.

Thanks
    Dean

Hi Paul,

Actually there's a very simple workaround for this! Need to put your math hat on for this one, but there's a number you can that'll sort things out instead of the 9 as you're doing...

If you know you won't be creating more than 100 pages then simply put a zero in front of your first pages up to number 9, so you get:
    • :

Then the 2 digit numbers will all appear in the right place:
    • :
    • ... etc up to 99!

You can play it safe and use 3 digits to keep things neat up to 1000! So 001, 002.. 010, 011.., 100, 101.. through to 998, 999

This is all down to the way sorting works and the way characters are represented in the ASCII table. To make the sorting work without having to any any extra 0's we'd need to parse all the diagram names and figure out if there are any numbers in there and covert them from a textual/ASCII value to a numeric one - I'd be a bit nervous this might slow things down, but we can try it out!

In the meantime there's the easy workaround
    HTH
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thread Information