Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Problems upgrading to v1.11

Hi all,
    I just upgraded to 1.11, and not it's gone back in to Trial mode, and I've lost all my diagrams!
    Help!
    G'day, I'm Marcus
    www.mwynwood.com

I lost my diagrams also....luckily I have them saved on an external drive also.

I will be very interested in the replies from ND

We pulled the release early this (UK) morning and are looking into this problem - both of you are Windows 10 users, right?

- http://www.neckdiagrams.com/blog/ND-...-on-Windows-10

Don't worry as ND takes backups of all your work so nothing should be lost!

We're now trying to get some users with this problem to email us their logfiles - if you could do that would be much appreciated! Let me know if you need info on how to get hold of the logfile and we'll post details here.

Apologies & thanks for your patience whilst we sort this out..
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

No worries Justin, thanks for your quick reply.

I found my backups, so no drama there. Yes - I'm on Windows 10.
    If you let me know which log files you need, I'll be happy to send them to you.
    Are they somewhere here: C:\Users\Marcus\AppData\Roaming\NeckDiagrams ?
    G'day, I'm Marcus
    www.mwynwood.com

Have just emailed you details about where to find the logfiles!

BTW we know what's happened now and are working on a fix that won't involve user intervention to get things back how they were..

(I've updated that blog post linked to above)
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

No worries, happy to help.
    I've just replied to your email with the log files attached.
    G'day, I'm Marcus
    www.mwynwood.com

Hi Marcus, carbenez,

Hopefully you've seen some of the communications (Blog post, Facebook post, Newsletter email..) that v1.11.1 was released last Thursday which includes a fix for the problem you encountered and installing it should revert your Diagram Gallery to how it was prior to the problematic 1.11 release.

Let me know how things look for you and if you need any further assistance..
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Finally got around to updating to 1.11.1 (downloaded it yesterday) on my Win7 machine. Suffered the same problems as mwynwood originally posted - New version installed as trial (didn't maintain license), loads with default charts and nothing else, none of my previous works/projects/folders were carried over, and of less importance but still an issue, it didn't create a desktop shortcut when the box was ticked at the end of the install.

Hi merlin01,

We've not had any reports of this on Win7 and the earlier issue was with 1.11.0 so I'm guessing something else is up here!

I believe Dean has emailed you details of how to email us your logfiles and we can investigate for you. Don't worry though, ND creates backups of your work so if nothing major has happened to your computer we'll be able to get you back to how things were.
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Thanks Justin,
    Dean messaged me here on the forum and gave me an email address to send the log file to.
    I thought the location of the log file was weird (contacts), but that's where my old project folders and Example Diagrams/My Diagrams folders were too.
    C:\Users\*USER*\Contacts\Application Data\NeckDiagrams

Thread Information