Registration dialog box is 5750 pixels wide

This is purely a cosmetic issue, so not very important, but it's goofy.

When I click "Register" a window appears prompting me for the License Code. That prompt is 5750x388 pixels.

I am running dual monitors (a 4k next to a 2k monitor) on Win 10. It appears Neck Diagrams auto sizes the registration dialog box to be the full width of both screens? Not sure but i had to drag it clear over until it spanned both screens to find the Unlock and Cancel buttons.

Hi there

Wow, 5750px!!!

We are aware of scaling issues where ND users are running Windows with Hi-DPI monitors. Unfortunately, this is an issue with the framework that Neck Diagrams was originally built on.

Ironically, OS X users (like myself) with retina screens / higher res monitors are supported under the same framework.

The new framework we adapting supports HI-DPI monitors, a relatively new protocol thats finally gaining support from the smaller software companies - it's ok the OS supporting it and the manufacturers making the hi res monitors, but some software companies have been left out in limbo.

If you could send a screenshot it would be really, really useful - although, I assume you've already registered and the option is now absent from the Help menu?

Any other screenshots of obscurities you could forward? I can pass to the team and strengthen the case for a resolution to our users in this situation.

Kind regards
    Dean Cross

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Hi there

Wow, 5750px!!!

We are aware of scaling issues where ND users are running Windows with Hi-DPI monitors. Unfortunately, this is an issue with the framework that Neck Diagrams was originally built on.

Ironically, OS X users (like myself) with retina screens / higher res monitors are supported under the same framework.

The new framework we adapting supports HI-DPI monitors, a relatively new protocol thats finally gaining support from the smaller software companies - it's ok the OS supporting it and the manufacturers making the hi res monitors, but some software companies have been left out in limbo.

If you could send a screenshot it would be really, really useful - although, I assume you've already registered and the option is now absent from the Help menu?

Any other screenshots of obscurities you could forward? I can pass to the team and strengthen the case for a resolution to our users in this situation.

Kind regards
    Dean Cross
    I actually did grab a screenshot of the supersized registration window. I've blurred/redacted my key, of course. Attaching now...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the screenshot - that explains a lot! Because you had the license code on the clipboard it detected it and copied it into the text field. So initially the dialog would be a sensible size (which you'd see if no license yet on the clipboard!) but with the extra-long license code it became very wide - because you have a 4K monitor I guess as you have the screen space! It should be limited to screen width and the text box would scroll.

However the license code is actually multi-line - you copied it in that format from the purchase email right? And it should be displayed in the dialog's text box in multi-line format also, not just a really long string! We'll have a look into that..
    Justin
    Author of Neck Diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Thanks for the screenshot - that explains a lot! Because you had the license code on the clipboard it detected it and copied it into the text field. So initially the dialog would be a sensible size (which you'd see if no license yet on the clipboard!) but with the extra-long license code it became very wide - because you have a 4K monitor I guess as you have the screen space! It should be limited to screen width and the text box would scroll.

However the license code is actually multi-line - you copied it in that format from the purchase email right? And it should be displayed in the dialog's text box in multi-line format also, not just a really long string! We'll have a look into that..
    yes, that may have been the cause--what you're saying lines up with what i was doing (license code on the clipboard, etc). i do remember being pleasantly surprised that ND was smart enough to detect the code already on the clipboard. i didn't have to paste it into the field.
    Last edited by proslambanomenos; 10-14-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Thread Information