Illustrating String Bends

I am trying to figure out a way of using Neck Diagrams to illustrate string bend moves. In Lee Hodgson's great book "Hot Country" he has a page of diagrams showing string bend moves using a horizontal curved line joining two notes which shows the original note and the "phantom" note it's being bent to which has brackets around it. The closest thing in ND is the horizontal dotted line but it always sits on top of a string and becomes virtually invisible.

I figure I can use colours to illustrate the original note and the bent note but it would be useful to have more graphical tools available to support this.

Has anyone else tried to use ND for this purpose?

I've attached a scan to show what I'm trying to replicate.

bends.jpg

Hi Stringtheorust

We have the solid, curved and dashed connection tool but unfortunately these run along the string and are pretty hidden.

We're introducing a 'polyline' tool in out next major release - this will allow you place a straight, curved or angled line anywhere you like. It will also pass over/through fretboard elements and not steer around them like the current line tools.

Not the immediate fix you were hoping for I know, but something to look forward to we hope.

Regards
    Dean

OK Dean, thanks.

Thread Information